It was never: I’m ready, let’s do this – Shana
Welcome to Season 2 of Good Girls Talk About Sex!
Shana is a 41-year-old, cis-gender woman who describes herself as biracial (half black/half white), heterosexual, monogamous and currently in a relationship.
Major themes explored in this episode include healing from old hurts, learning about consent, and discovering our own pleasure, rather than just focusing on pleasing our partner.
- 3:35 – How she came to relate running late to eroticism
- 9:48 – Her first sexual experience, and how it conditioned her to not trust white men
- 18:38 – The moment Shana first had intercourse and why it was so devastating … and why she pretended it was okay
- 21:30 – Why Shana has never felt comfortable calling that experience rape
- 27:27 – The expectation that women are supposed to please their partner and not ask for anything
- 28:18 – The conversation she had with her current lover after their first time having sex
- 32:00 – How tenderness and masculinity go hand-in-hand
- 34:30 – The Quick Five
To become a community supporter, visit www.Patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- At the $5/month level, an extended conversation with Shana about how two men decided whether or not she had been raped, and how listening to other women tell their #MeToo stories has helped her
- At the $7/month level, that conversation plus an extra 12 minutes of Q&A
- At the $10/month level, all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything!
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617?mt=2.
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak