Episode 18 – Laina
Laina has one child and struggles with body image. She believes that nobody would want to have sex with her, and that her husband only does it because she’s his only option.
Major themes in this episode include body image, libido, and changes in sexuality after giving birth.
Here are some of the great moments Laina shared with us:
- 3:00 – The objectification of Asian women in culture and media
- 7:33 – Connecting pleasure to sex and sexuality
- 8:20 – How media conditions us to find women attractive and a sexual turn-on
- 13:30 – It’s okay to have varying levels of sex drive, even to the point of demi-sexuality
- 17:30 – Laina’s husband told her he wishes they had more sex
- 20:40 – Different types of turn-ons, like feeling warm and safe during cuddling
- 25:25 – How Laina’s body image impacts her sex life
- 31:16 – How Laina’s relationship to her body has changed since giving birth
The Quick Five:
- 33:28 – Do you have sex during your period?
- 33:50 – What is a fantasy you’ve been wanting to try but haven’t yet?
- 35:11 – How do you feel about the smell/taste of your own juices when you partner goes down on you and then kisses you?
- 35:43 – Have you ever had a sexual urge that confused you?
- 37:10 – Post-interview note about auto-eroticism (getting turned on by her own image in the mirror)
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- At the $5/month level, Laina discusses her sex drive and how the book 50 Shades of Gray opened her eyes to the idea of female pleasure.
- At the $7/month level, that conversation plus 13 minutes of Q&A
- At the $10/month level, all that plus the monthly Ask Me Anything!
Visit https://www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex to become a community supporter!
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
To learn about Sexual Communication Coaching, visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak