Episode 21 – Jane
Jane went to Catholic School while she was growing up in Scotland, and in her family she learned that certain topics should never be discussed – including sex.
Major themes in this episode include difficulty in communicating about sex, body image and sex, and exploring BDSM.
Here are some of the great moments she shared with us:
- 9:00 – The meager sex ed classes Jane received in Catholic school
- 14:00 – How Jane found access to contraception
- 15:30 – Jane’s relationship to her body and how it has changed over time
- 21:30 – Jane’s personal “Dementors” and how they impact every aspect of her life
- 25:00 – Jane’s struggles with communicating with partners about body image issues
- 30:00 – Difficulty communicating about sex and her desires
- 32:00 – Jane and her partner’s explorations into kinkier sex and BDSM
- 34:00 – Navigating communication around BDSM activities, including Leah’s Yes / No / Maybe checklist that’s available for download at www.leahcarey.com/checklist
The Quick 5:
- 37:52 – Do you have hair down there or are you bare?
- 38:33 – What’s the kinkiest thing you enjoy?
- 39:14 – Do you squirt?
- 40:05 – How do you feel when your partner can’t get – or loses – an erection?
- 41:00 – Do you tend to orgasm quickly or take a long time?
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- At the $5/month level, Jane talks about feeling undereducated when she began experimenting with BDSM and how her relationship with BDSM activities changed as her feelings for her partner grew and deepened.
- At the $7/month level, it’s 18 minutes of Q&A!
- And, as always, at the $10/month level, you’ll get all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything.
To join the Patreon community, visit www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex
You can download the Yes / No / Maybe checklist at: www.leahcarey.com/checklist
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617?mt=2.
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
To learn about Sexual Communication Coaching, visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak