Episode 23 – Diana
Diana had a traumatic birth with her older son, which led to a disconnection from her body and her pleasure. She was able to have a vaginal birth with her younger child, which helped reconnect her with her body and sexuality.
Major themes in this episode include sexuality after trauma from childbirth and reclaiming your body after motherhood.
Here are some of the great moments she shared with us:
- 10:30 – Diana’s first sexual experience
- 13:30 – Masturbation as an important component of self care
- 14:45 – Diana’s belief that everybody masturbates and how she’s handling it with her young sons
- 18:30 – Diana’s experience with consent in a long-term relationship
- 19:45 – The messages she heard about sex growing up in a conservative Christian home
- 21:45 – Diana’s relationship with her body and the impact of the male gaze
- 24:00 – Figuring out her body and how it works after each pregnancy
- 28:00 – Reclaiming bodily autonomy away from the needs of small children
- 31:30 – PIV (penis-in-vagina) sex after childbirth
- 32:40 – How birth trauma affected Diana’s experience of her body and sex
- 35:30 – How her second birth helped heal Diana’s trauma from the first birth
- 37:30 – The pain of a previous divorce leading to extra care in her current relationship
The Quick 5:
- 41:00 – What kind of touch do you enjoy most?
- 41:15 – Are there sexual things you’ve tried that you never want to do again?
- 41:25 – Have you ever had a sexual urge that confused you?
- 41:58 – How often do you masturbate?
- 42:05 – Have you ever had feelings for two people at the same time?
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- At the $5/month level, Diana talks about the work that she does to support other mothers who have been through traumatic birth experiences to heal.
- At the $7/month level, it’s the extended Q&A.
- And, as always, at the $10/month level, you’ll get all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything.
- At the $10/month level, all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything!
To join the Patreon community, visit www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE 5% BRAVER GROUP COACHING, all of the information is at www.leahcarey.com/five-percent
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617?mt=2.
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
To learn about Sexual Communication Coaching, visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak