Most people don’t assume I’m gay – Jenna
In this episode of Good Girls Talk About Sex, we talk with Jenna, a 34-year-old, cis-gendered female who describes herself as white, lesbian, monogamous, and engaged to be married.
Jenna knew from an early age that she was attracted to women, and jokes that she “experimented with boys” when she was in her early 20s. The sex life she shares with her fiancée is helping Jenna to sort through and release some of the sexual trauma she experienced earlier in her life.
Here are some of the great moments Jenna shared:
- 2:27 – The first time Jenna realized she was attracted to breasts
- 12:50 – How she felt when her father compared lesbianism to alcoholism and drug addiction
- 27:15 – How women are required to remember every detail of an assault from years ago when most of us don’t remember what we had for breakfast
- 32:20 – The important place masturbation holds in Jenna’s relationship with her partner
- 34:32 – The positive connotation Jenna now has for the words “good girl”
- 35:18 – THE QUICK FIVE
Mentioned in this episode:
Jessi Kneeland – Jessi is a body image coach who is featured in the next episode (Episode 7).
If you’d like to hear the full, unedited version of this interview, including a fascinating conversation with Jenna about hormones and “lesbian bed death,” become a community supporter at Patreon.
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak