I had sex with a lot of people while I was married – Lisa
Lisa is a 40-year-old cis-gender woman who describes herself as white, currently in a relationship that is heterosexual, monogamous, and long-distance. She has also long been attracted to women and is considering the likelihood that she is bisexual.
Major themes in this episode include body image and eating disorders, sex outside marriage, long distance relationships, and exploring kink.
FOR 5% BRAVER COACHING visit https://www.leahcarey.com/brave/ (the first three people to use the coupon code “goodgirlspod” get $25 off registration!)
Here are some of the notable moments she shared with us:
- 5:20 – Lisa’s discovery of sexual pleasure in the shower
- 6:45 – Growing up as a gymnast, giving her a heightened sense of body awareness as a kid
- 8:00 – Developing an eating disorder
- 9:45 – Lisa’s first experience of dating and sexual exploration
- 12:40 – “Losing” her virginity
- 14:00 – Having a partner stop penetration when asked
- 16:30 – Having bad sex in college
- 18:45 – Getting married right out of college and meeting her sexual needs outside the marriage
- 20:00 – Having flings during work travel
- 21:58 – Lisa’s ability to compartmentalize sex from a relationship
- 24:30 – Communicating relationship needs/boundaries/parameters over the course of a relationship
- 27:25 – Lisa’s second marriage and its unhealthy aspects
- 29:00 – Opening up to kink and anal sex
- 30:20 – Exploring new fantasies with her current partner
- 33:33 – The day Lisa’s partner thanked Leah on Instagram for opening new vistas in their relationship!
- 35:30 – How they keep sex alive in a long distance relationship
- 39:30 – How Lisa talks to her kids about sex and consent
- 42:30 – The ramifications of leaving a trail of sexy pics in today’s digital world
The Lowdown (44:14):
- Do you prefer the orgasm from masturbation or sex with a partner?
- Are there sexual things you’ve tried that you don’t ever want to do again?
- Have you ever faked an orgasm?
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- At the $1/month level, Lisa and I discuss the confusion we’ve both encountered around bisexuality
- At the $5/month level, Lisa talks about the prevalence of GHB, a date rape drug, when she was in college
- At the $7/month level, those conversations plus the extended Q&A
- At the $10/month level, all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything!
Learn more and become a community supporter at www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex.
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617?mt=2.
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak