I thought I couldn’t orgasm – Martyna (ep. 25)
Martyna deals with depression, and she talks today about how that has affected her relationships and sex. She also talks about how the season 1 STARS episode affected her thinking about how to talk about consent. You can find that episode at https://www.leahcarey.com/podcast/episode-8a-bonus-the-stars-conversation
Major themes in this episode include depression, learning about consent as an adult, and exploring BDSM.
Here are some of the great moments she shared with us:
- 4:30 – Martyna’s first sexual experiences – by herself riding pillows, then playing with another little girl
- 6:40 – The lessons she learned growing up Polish Catholic
- 8:30 – Securing contraception in secret
- 10:30 – Growing up with an alcoholic and emotionally abusive mom, and her teen rebellion
- 11:30 – Martyna’s sense of shame around losing her virginity
- 13:55 – Finding herself sexually, her exploration on the rebound
- 15:30 – Martyna’s first experience of real consent conversations and the play that lead to her sexual awakening
- 21:25 – Her intro to BDSM
- 25:00 – Her masturbation to achieve orgasm when it wasn’t present in sex
- 26:00 – How depression has affected her sex life
- 31:20 – The relief of giving up control during sex
- 32:45 – More specific details about her sexual activities with her current partner
- 37:00 – What is a fantasy you’ve been wanting to try but haven’t yet?
- 38:55 – What’s the kinkiest thing you enjoy?
- 40:20 – Do you swallow or not?
- 41:51 – Do you enjoy direct stimulation to your clit?
- 42:18 – How do you feel when a partner loses or can’t get an erection?
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- At the $1/month level, there’s an extended conversation about how the culture of different countries plays into gender roles and relationship expectations
- At the $5/month level, Martyna talks more about the specifics of her BDSM activities with her partner
- At the $7/month level, that conversation plus the extended Q&A
- At the $10/month level, all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything!
Learn more and become a community supporter at www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex.
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617?mt=2.
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
To learn about Sexual Communication Coaching, visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak