SOLO – Learning to say NO before I could say YES
In part 2 of my conversation with Jessi Kneeland, we talk about working through the messaging I received as a child about my body and sexuality, learning to say “no”, and how women protect men’s feelings during heterosexual sex.
Thanks to Jessi for interviewing ME! She is an amazing body image coach and I highly recommend following her on Instagram and signing up for her weekly #TransparentTuesday emails.
- 3:20 – Being assaulted by my dad, but not believing it was sexual because his hands didn’t get under my clothing
- 6:07 – Confronting my father about the assault
- 8:49 – Silencing and gaslighting
- 9:41 – Detangling violence and sexuality in my brain
- 14:26 – Learning what consent actually means
- 16:45 – Learning to say “no” so that I could have a real, strong “yes”
- 18:20 – Protecting men’s feelings during heterosexual sex
- 19:24 – The body image work I’ve done
- 21:30 – Conversations I heard about my mother’s body and how that affected my own body image
- 23:45 – What it’s like to carry conflicting beliefs about myself
- 25:43 – AM I NORMAL? question – Is it normal that I have no sex drive during quarantine?
- 26:04 – Leah’s answer – YES! How stress affects our libido and our touch need
FACEBOOK GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/goodgirlstalk
CALL-IN: Want to leave a message for Leah? Call 720-GOOD-SEX (720-466-3739)
PATREON: Become a community supporter at www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex
RATE THIS POD: Leave a rating and review at www.ratethispodcast.com/goodgirls
BE A GUEST: Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest
COACHING: Want to talk with Leah directly? Visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching
Music – Nazar Rybak